Important Physical Fitness Information!
The deadline to post all spring fitness scores into INow Health is June 1.
Every student in Grades 2-12 enrolled in physical education must participate in the fitness assessment.
This includes high school students who:
- · receive a waiver to substitute marching band, athletics, cheerleading, etc. for the required Lifelong Individualized Fitness (LIFE) course.
- · JROTC students in grade 9 (JRTOC students in Grades 10, 11, and 12 are exempt).
- · students who are taking a physical education elective course.
Refer to the Health and Physical Education Web page for instructions on reporting.
The deadline to order pre-printed Governor, superintendent, and principal award certificates from the Governor’s Commission on Physical Fitness is April 15.
Order forms and contact information may be located on page 40 of the Alabama Physical Fitness Test Administrator Manual.
Upcoming Conferences and Professional Development Opportunities
· Alabama State Association for Health, Physical Education, Recreation, and Dance (ASAHPERD) Spring Conference April 11 and 12, 2014 - Orange Beach. Click here for conference information.
· Auburn University at Montgomery (AUM) Summer Physical Education Workshop June 27 AUM Campus - Montgomery (registration information released April 15)
· Summer Health and Physical Education Conference July 30, 31, and August 1 Alabama 4-H Youth Conference Center – Columbiana (registration information released April 15)
If you know of a professional development opportunity please send all the information to Nancy Ray (email@example.com)